Saturday, June 30, 2007

Out with the birds

Well, I had my date with the bird man today and it was . . . meh. Nothing clicked, I wasn't attracted to him. He was a nice person, but he was definitely nerdier than I had originally thought and we didn't really share many of the same interests. That will definitely be the only date, considering I sat in the park after we finished eating our sandwiches and kept thinking, When will this be over? What time is it? How much longer do I have to sit here and talk about nothing?

There's nothing doing, and I can finally say with certainty that my online dating days are finally over. Yay! It was interesting, though, that he kept asking me about my experience online or if I'd met many guys online. Same as last date with a guy I met on the Web site. And he also touched on some first date no-nos, like talking about previous girls he'd dated and even mentioning that one dating site had rejected him. Not really things you want to share with someone you might want to date.

His peregrine falcon, on the other hand, was beautiful. When he took the cap off the bird's head, I could see her big beautiful eyes. She couldn't fly yet, but she was lively enough biting bark on the ground and even at one point attacking my bare feet.

I was surprised, though, that my friends actually showed up. Before the bird man got there, I was sitting in the park reading a book when they walked by. They called out to me, since they didn't see him yet, and so we chatted for a while. He'd called earlier to say he'd be half an hour late. More like an hour, but anyway, we talked until he called to say he was there. So they went and hid behind a bush close by. I got a picture of them 'hiding.' Those girls make me laugh. I feel bad, though, since the bird man and I went to Subway to get food soon after he arrived. When I was getting into his truck, though, I could see them playing spy, running stealthily and hiding behind trees. One of them even waved at me when bird man's back was turned for a second. I just feel bad for my friends that, after waiting half an hour to see us on our date, we left so quickly. But it still makes me laugh.

So that's the story of my was my not terribly interesting date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.