Saturday, June 9, 2007

Rambling, rambling

It's amazing I'm even able to post today. The Internet has been down for the past two days and the power was out at my house for upwards of 5 hours today. My blogging karma must really be taking a hit at the moment.

Honestly, not much is happening in my life at the moment, but I've been pretty involved in two things this week.

The first was a book I bought (yes, I am actually reading something I bought. Check one book off the to-read list.) and I'm so glad I found it. The book is I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. She's most known for her book-turned-Disney-classic 101 Dalmatians. This story involves a 17-year-old girl and her family who live in a rundown castle in England. The author did such an amazing job of capturing the characters in the book. It is told from her perspective as she writes in her journals.

It was such a good read that I couldn't put it down and thus was really tired when I went to work this week. I love reading through the night, but it kills me now that I have a new job with a (relatively) early start time. I must learn self-control, but when good book comes along, my control flies out the window.

The other time snatcher this week is the next season in my current favorite BBC show Monarch of the Glen. I watched 7 hour-long episodes in a row last night. And it felt great doing it. Not having my family in town is nice, at least when it comes to being messy and lazy and not worrying about any guilt trips.

Honestly, lazing about this week was much more relaxing than the massage, facial and pedicure I did earlier in the week. I've never figured out how to stop my brain from thinking, especially when trying to relax. So for me, keeping my brain occupied in a stress-free environment is much more relaxing than trying to force myself to clear my mind.

A lot of rambling thoughts, I know, but that is how my week has been--all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.