Wednesday, June 27, 2007

TT 13 Thirteen things to do before I die


Well, after my adventures with creating my own recipes, which is part of my endless list of goals, I thought I'd continue in that vein and list the

Thirteen things I want to do before I die.

1…. Go skydiving. This desire was somewhat tempered after my brother fell out a plane during Airborne training and got caught up in another parachuters chute, making both of them plummet to the ground. They survived, miraculously, when the other guy got his emergency chute to deploy. I still want to go, but I'll just have to be very careful when I do it.

2…. Perfect my salsa and hummus recipes, as well as any other I can think up. I've been thinking about the perfect guacamole recipe too. Hmm. . .

3…. Become a published author. This has been a dream in the making, and I might be able to do it. . . if I could finish my novel in progress, which, by the way, you can read the first part of here.

4…. Travel around the world, though not necessarily in one trip. There are so many places to see. My first stop: Paris.

5…. Buy and decorate my perfect house. This also includes having the perfect garden. Working for a book publisher that specializes in interior design and garden books add a lot of fuel to my imagination

6…. Learn to tread water. The whole fear of drowning thing does a lot to hamper this ability. I can swim a little, though I always freak out when I'm only surrounded by water and don't have anything to hold onto. This may be one goal I don't completely accomplish, but it won't be for not trying.

7…. Have something named after me, like a flower or a star. After editing a book about gardens and reading all the names of cultivated roses, many of which are named after specific people, I thought it'd be nice to have something that beautiful named after me. Maybe I just need to date a gardener or astronomer.

8…. Visit all 50 states--only 9 left to go. (We traveled a lot when I was younger, all of it in a car. You see a lot of land that way.)

9…. Spend a week at a day spa. That just sounds delicious.

10…. Learn how to really take excellent photos. This would probably include taking a photography class where they show me exactly how to use my SLR. That and a lot of practice.

11…. Raise a flower or plant from a seed without killing it. What can I say, I have a red thumb.

12…. Write a cookbook filled with my own recipes. After editing cookbooks all day long I got the crazy idea that I could do that myself. I never really thought of it before, but it would be a lot of fun, especially the taste-testing part. And besides, number 2 on the list will help with that.

13…. Give birth. Well, that and the whole pregnancy thing. I'm excited for the time when I'll actually get to be a mom. Now all I need to do is find me a good man. That could take a while.




27 comments:

  1. What a great list! I may have to 'borrow' this idea! Happy T13!
    Air Force Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Hope you get to do all those things! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! I'm definitely with ya on #4. I'd love to go on world tour .. :) Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy TT. #13 is the best and the worst but mostly the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great list! I hope you get to do all the things you want to do. And I share with you #3 as a goal (become a published author)! :)

    Happy TT, and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try sky diving too -- just once. Pregnancy is a lot harder than it looks and it's probably the easiest bit of raising kids. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your list. We were sort of on the same wave length! You will find the right guy one day....you really will.
    Thanks for dropping by my T13.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to put the correct name on the previous comment! I forgot to change my account.....OOPS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ambitious list; hope you can make most of this happen.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paris is just so gorgeous! I was ambivalent about going there, and I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a worthy list of goals, Girl! I hope you get to do every one. I have no doubt that you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am with you on number 3. I am turning 40 in October and have decided - this is it, will definitely finish my novel and get it published. Life is way too short.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've done 1, 3, 4 and 11, but no matter how hard I try I'll never manage to do 13!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not even close to visiting all 50 states, but I'd definitely love to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the list! I could go for a week at the spa right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you have to live a long life to accomplish all that,lol !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you'll get to do everything on your list. To travel around the world is also a dream of mine :)

    Happy Thursday dear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a nice list. I hope you will accomplish all those things soon. I'm with you on some of them (esp. #3, 4, 5), have already done one or two others (#1 - and it was the scariest and most exhilarating thing I ever did).
    #13 is actually the thing that keeps me from having children. Ever. If I can't manage to adopt some. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, come on over to my house, because I granted one of your wishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Might I interest you in doing 100 things to do before you die list, like the rage are? Hahaha. This was a wonderful list, I hope your dreams of getting published will come true one day. I'm supportive because that means a bookworm like me will have more books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Number 8 is one of my goals as well. I still have many more states to see, but at least I've seen Hawaii which I think is one of the harder states to visit besides Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sophisticated WriterJune 28, 2007 at 10:32 AM

    Cordia, this is a great list. I also read the first page of your novel-in-progress and it's fantastic. Keep writing and I hope all your dreams come true :)

    I share with you and Thomma Lyn (my dear friend) the goal # 3 of course :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. #'s 9 & 13 could be from me...Don't worry! We'll do it someday!

    Happy TT!

    Liked your list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you lived closer I could teach you to swim. :)

    Oh, and there's a program where you can get a star named after you...and they send you the coordinates of where the star is and everything. Unfortanately I don't know the name of the company that does it, but I'm sure a google search will help. It's official...and I think it's fairly cheap as well...like $10?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love hummus! Whenever you´ll come to Paris leave me a comment -It´s <-----> close on the map ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. When I make it to Paris, I hope to stop by a lot of other places as well. Why not Germany too?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun. I'd like to try skydiving too -- probably in tandem. I almost got to try hang gliding once. In Germany, the literal translation is "dragon-flying" (I'm not German; I was in Germany at that time.)

    I'd also like to see all 50 states, but I have a long way to go.

    I'm a new TTer, saying hello, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.