Monday, June 25, 2007

Group date

So, the guy I'd been e-mailing this past month (yes, the one I met online) told me he wants to meet since he'll be in my area on Saturday afternoon. He thought lunch in the park might be nice. Sounds great, right?

Well, there is one little thing, which he has mentioned, but I'm not completely sure how I feel about. He has a falcon, which is still young so he has to take it with him wherever he goes, including first dates. So it will be more like a group date. Three's company, right? I don't mind think I mind that too much seeing as I'd like to see the bird, but the thing is, he has mentioned that every time he goes somewhere people are always asking him about his bird and looking at him differently. I'm not terribly sure that's the best way to get to know someone, especially if kids keep interrupting and asking to pet it while you're trying to have a conversation.

I probably should just call him and tell him, "Yeah, that sounds great!" and not let my imagination run wild even before I meet the guy. He sounds pretty normal, other than having a high-maintenance pet. Who knows if it will even go anywhere, but I should at least give it a shot. Maybe it will turn into something, maybe it won't, but at least I'll have an interesting story to share later.

4 comments:

  1. OK, you HAVE to go. Not many of us have a chance to go on a date with (or really be in the presence of) a falcon. You owe this to your readers ;) Seriously though, it sounds like a lot of fun--and it's better to know early on if things aren't going to work out with someone, right? Fly on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There could be worst first dates.

    Do you have a pet, or could borrow a pet from someone...make it a group date thing? Haha, just kidding.

    But seriously, you can learn a lot about a person by the way they treat their pets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. silverneurotic: Very true. I have been on worse dates, so this one doesn't sound too bad. He seems fairly normal, other than the bird thing. I guess I could bring my dog, but they might not get along too well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if you can't stand the guy but fall madly in love with his falcon?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.