Wednesday, May 23, 2007

TT 8 Things to love about camping


Thirteen things to love about camping

1…. Not worrying about how bad you look. It's great not to have to do your hair or makeup everyday.

2…. Getting lost in the wilderness. And hopefully finding my way back before too long.

3…. Going for walks early in the morning when the world is still. Can't you smell that fresh, clean air? Ahh . . .

4…. Listening to the wind blow and coyotes howl as you fall asleep. But not too much wind blowing or you never get to sleep. (Sadly this I know from my last trip.)

5…. Campfires, s'mores . . . need I say more?

6…. Losing myself in my thoughts for hours sitting next to a noisy stream.

7…. Learning how to live without technology . . . just for a few days.

8…. No work. Let me say that again: No Work.

9…. Exploring new places, seeing new sights, discovering myself.

10…. The extraordinary views every morning when you wake up and see the mountains surrounding you as if for the first time.

11…. Feeling good, and exhausted, after a long hike.

12…. Reconnecting with nature. Sometimes I just need to get away from the world and back to my roots.

13…. Peace and quiet. I never have enough of that.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!






6 comments:

  1. The smores, no work, and no technology almost make me want to go camping.

    Almost. ;)

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to camp and I am going next weekend. Isn't it just great to lay in the tent in the early morning listening to the birds and watching the sun rise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camping is fun. And smores! Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss camping, though, one time I decided to take a walk and got lost. Didn't care much for walking in the woods after that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I've never been camping. My hubby used to go all the time when he was younger and well, I just don't know....I went out one year and actually bought all of the stuff we would need!!! I'm just a lipstick, eyeliner, hair dryer, cell phone, computer loving kind of a gal....scared to try it!!!

    Happy TT!
    Jessica The Rock Chick

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.