Thursday, May 3, 2007

Change will do me good


It's so nice and green today. I fresh spring rain tends to do that. It brightens up the whole world and makes you want to luxuriate in your surroundings.

I love spring. It's one of the best times of the year, for regrowth and new beginnings. That's something I've really been thinking about lately, starting over. What with a new job and plans to move out on my own and a host of smaller changes that are happening in my life, I feel like I'm being reborn or renewed, however you want to look at it.

And it feels good. My life had been stagnant for too long -- a year and a half is a long time in my (relatively) short life. Lingering over a crush for that long is stupid, I can see that now. Especially when he showed no interest in me other than as a friend. Well, lessons can be learned from all mistakes, though we may not want to listen to them.

But now that my life is moving forward again, there's so much I hope to accomplish and learn. Yesterday I signed up for a tap class, something I'd been hoping to do for a while but hadn't had the time for. I'm really excited about it. I went to watch the class last night and remembered how much fun it is to dance and feel the music and the rhythm of tapping. I just can't explain the exhilaration I feel when I've got a dance down and I'm doing it in harmony with other people. It's such a cool experience, everyone should try it a some point in her life. Well, that or find some other interest that inspires similar feelings.

Out with the old feelings of drudgery and hopelessness and in with the new feelings of lightness and prosperity. It's time for some changes, and I hope they'll all be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.