Friday, May 18, 2007

Carpe diem

Yesterday I finally told my old boss that I don't want to work any more Saturdays for them. It's honestly wearing on me, working 6 days a week. I don't know how some people can do it week in and week out. It never feels like I get a break. Although I do enjoy the extra cash, I really need my free time. It's one thing I really treasure.

There's another reason I don't want to work on Saturdays, or at least the Saturday before Memorial Day. At my new job, they met one of their long-term goals, so they're giving all the employees the Friday before the holiday off. Four days in a row. I couldn't be happier.

So one of my new friends at work and I going to go camping that weekend. I know I already went camping once this spring, not even a month ago, but I have such a need to be out doing things and exploring, living life to the fullest. For so long I waited for life to come find me; now I've decided to go out and find it myself.

We're going to go to one of the places I visited a month ago but didn't really have a chance to see much of. It should be beautiful, and I'm hoping not too hot. Either way, we'll have fun and I'll get away. I also learned from past mistakes and bought an inflatable mat to sleep on this time. No more sleepless nights on rock-hard ground. I'll be sleeping in the lap of luxury, well luxury for tent camping.

That's what I plan for this summer; lots of little trips to keep me sane but not spending much so I can save up for my trip to Paris next year. All in it's own time, I say.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Your post from May 8, 2007,“Let Love In” has been selected as our Post of the Day on “The Rising Blogger”. It is a brand new site that awards posts, not blogs. We have emailed your winning badge and all our info. To reach “The Rising Blogger” site:

    http://therisingblogger.blogspot.com

    Have a great week!
    Judd

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.