Monday, May 7, 2007

People like me, they really, really like me

I'll admit it -- I'm human. I tend to enjoy it when people say nice things about me. So I was excited to see that Critique My Blog had written some very nice things about me. It really made my day. Also, a few weeks ago I was surprised by a fellow Thursday Thirteener at This Eclectic Life passed along some linky love with some more kind words about my little bloggie. Sometimes it's nice to feel loved.

I have to admit, there are times (most of the time, actually) where I really wonder what people think of me. I've even been known to ask friends that; I especially want them to tell me if I have any annoying habits I should get rid of or if there is anything people are saying negatively about me. I'd really like to know so I can fix any of those habits and make myself a better person.

I've always wanted to be a fly on the wall when people were having a conversation about me just so I would know what people honestly thought. Maybe I'm weird, but I'd like to think that kind of curiosity is just human nature.

It can be a good thing in a way. At work recently when I'd been stressed and overanalyzing how I was doing, I sat down with my supervisor and asked her if there was anything I needed to do to improve. I really tend to worry my bosses will end up hating me and fire me for being such a poor employee/editor/person. Her response was that they were happy with me and just keep working. It really did a lot to calm my anxieties. I think I worry too much, more than a normal person. It can drive me batty sometimes.

But one thing I've learned in life is to be honest and up front with people, and that it can take you far. It's so much better to find out how you are performing, especially in school and work, instead of drifting along and discovering too late that there was more you could have done. I'd so much rather make corrections in time to fix any glaring problems than end up getting fired when I could have changed the situation. It also helps my overworked brain rest from constant stressing.

So, in other words, if I have any annoying habits that need correcting, tell me now. We'll all be happier in the end.

2 comments:

  1. I recently found your blog and I think that you're doing great. Clear messages. Clean design. Smart thoughts. What more could there be?

    Blog on, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl. You are doing just fine. People do really like you. Again, it's just helping them to find you that is the key. Have you joined the Blogher network yet? You should if you haven't. It'll get you some more exposure.
    Thanks for mentioning me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.