Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Homebody

I've been such a homebody lately, and honestly, I don't care. It's been so nice to hole up in my bedroom and not deal with people, or at least keep it to a minimum. It's not like I don't go out and do things with friends--I was out plenty this weekend--but something's changed since I got my new job and I'm not as interested in staying out all hours of the night.

Part of it is that I'm trying to be responsible and go to bed at a reasonable hour each night, which means I'll be hitting the sack in a few since it's nearly bedtime already. I also have had a desire to spend time by myself when before I was so interested in being around others the whole time.

I'm not sure exactly what's changed. I think some of it has to do with me having less time to myself. Going from part time to full time does cut some hours from the day in terms of free time. But I also feel a shift in my interests and my desire to be around others.

Maybe I'm just going through a slump and soon I'll emerge as I was before, raring to be with my friends. I guess it's a phase I'm going through, and I go through plenty of phases. I really do let my emotions rule my life. As I've said before, I'm a moody person, and depending on how I'm feeling, that's what I do. Good or bad, that's how it is, and if people around me come to understand that, all the better.

So I'm sitting at home, watching shows, reading, and utterly content not to deal with people. At the moment, this is bliss. Now if only I didn't have to go to work, life would be grand.

2 comments:

  1. Ever since school let out, I've been a homebody too. I only go out when I absolutely have to (i.e. doctor's appointments).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been much of a going out person. I used to go out more senior year of high school but then after all my friends started college or work it got hard...and then our friendships kind of just petered out anyway after awhile...

    I've got a few close friends now that I hang out with on occasion but we are all kind of homebodies to begin with so our ideas of fun is just hanging out in an afternoon or catching a movie.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.