Friday, March 2, 2007

Family intervention

So my sister called me tonight while I was at work and said asked me what username I wanted to use for an Internet singles dating Web site. She and her husband decided they were going to pay for an account for a few months because they really want me to get married.

The scary part is (well, there are several scary parts here) that a) my brother-in-law wants to write my profile, so who knows what kind of wackos will be interested in me, b) I have heard very few success stories and way too many horror stories about dating online, c) I hate being hit on, especially by weird, creepy guys online, and d) what kind of wierdos am I going to have to put up with and even, horror of horrors, actually have to spend time with some of them on a date?

Let's just say that I'm not enthusiastic about it. I'm fine with my non-dating, pathetic love life at the moment. I've got bigger fish to fry, so I see no need to put myself out in an uncomfortable place.

I'm fine living my life like I'm a future crazy cat lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.