Wednesday, March 14, 2007

How do you stop this thing?

Right now I feel frustrated with life. Nothing seems to be turning out as I'd like. But I can't let that control me or the direction of my life.

I went running this afternoon. Before I left, I felt really down and didn't feel like doing anything. I know they say that exercise is a natural mood booster, and it did help. But it wasn't a permanent solution.

If I could turn off my brain for a while, I think that would help. My problem, well one of my bigger problems, is that I tend to overanalyze things and think them to death. Even after I tell myself to stop dwelling on things, I find my mind drifting back to them and getting upset all over again.

Maybe I could find a special remote, similar to the one in "Click" where you could hit pause when I'm overanalyzing or stop when I'm stuck on a certain train of thought. That would be so nice. The problem with that is that I would probably use the rewind button a little too much so I could go back and replay certain conversations and see what I should have done better. Oh, wait. I already do that.

Ugh. I think I just need to go to bed and sleep for a few years. Maybe when I wake up everything will be all better. One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.