Sunday, March 25, 2007

So tired

I have been so tired lately, and I really shouldn't be. I sleep enough hours in the day, but every morning when I wake up I still feel exhausted. Even trying to get to bed earlier hasn't helped. Then I just lay there for hours until I give up and take a sleeping pill. Then I just end up oversleeping.

Part of the reason for my tiredness, I fear, has something to do with what a doctor told me while I was living in Canada. He said that when I get tired like that and my lymph nodes swell up, among other things, it's probably what some doctors call Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He wasn't very helpful about it since he thought all that was bunk and told me I just needed to eliminate stress from my life. Yeah, if it were only so easy.

I tend to have problems with it from time to time, and it seems like Bert and Ernie are back to haunt me again. (And yes, I did name my lymph nodes, but only because I really got to know them well after all my health problems. Bert's usually the skinny one while Ernie tends to swell up more often.)

I hate when this happens because who knows for how long it'll last. Sometimes it's weeks, it could be months, I just never know. And there is no cure for it; doctors don't even understand it completely. The only advice I ever get is: Deal with it, and Try not to get so stressed. Very helpful, let me tell you.

So now I just have to try to relax and pray it doesn't last too long. During one episode I resorted to using ginseng just to stay awake during the day so I could work, but once it wore off I would completely crash. It doesn't feel too bad this time, so hopefully I can head it off before it gets too bad. If only I were so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it gets better for you soon. I know how frustrating it gets when you feel so exhausted all of the time. If sleep doesn't seem to work, try to rest and relax more.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.