Friday, March 30, 2007

A world in bloom


March has nearly left us and, so I hope, has the poor weather and gloomy days. As far as I can tell, April is very nearly a perfect month. Not only because it is the month of my birth but because it really is a month of change and growth.

Spring is in bloom, and so am I.

I need change in my life, as I've said so often before. It's time for me to shake off the old, gloomy winter self and breathe life into the new, lively spring self.

I need to stop moping and feeling sorry for myself. My nasty mood earlier this week showed me very clearly that I don't enjoy feeling that way and need to actively work to get through those bad times. I can't always control it when I have a downturn, but I can do my best to bring my spirits up as soon as possible.

I think I did that this time. I only let myself feel really down and upset for a day, but during that time I was reading scriptures and motivational books, doing yoga and going for walks all to help me feel better again. It didn't work immediately, but it did work.

I'm really trying hard not to dwell on negatives. That is one of my major goals. Even if everything in my life feels like crap, I'm trying to see the good that is there, and at least not bore everyone around me with complaints. I know how hard it is to be around people who are negative and I don't want to be like that. Not ever.

So I keep working and doing my best to improve myself and my circumstances. That's the only way I'll really ever get through these doldrums -- being active and not giving myself time to bemoan my life.

Life feels good today. I can't always say that, but I'm learning to appreciate the times when it does feel wonderful. It helps me to get through those rough patches.

As a side note, I'm really excited about my birthday this year because it really feels like a milestone. I'll be turning 26 on the 26th of April. A birthday like that only happens once in a lifetime. That's definitely something to celebrate. And for probably the first time in my life, I honestly don't care if I get any presents. Maybe I am getting more mature. Who'd have thought that would ever happen?

1 comment:

  1. Everywhere I go, people are blogging about April birthdays. Mine is coming up soon too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.