Monday, July 30, 2007

Window shopping (supposedly)

I'm starting to get excited about moving. I stopped by several stores today with the express purpose of comparing prices on things I'll need: a microwave, a computer desk, a chair for the desk and a bookshelf. That was my intention, at least.

By the time I was done, I had bought a crock pot, some measuring cups and some tupperware (the really cheap kind I won't care if I loose it all). Tomorrow I'm going back to buy a cute bookshelf for $20 at Target (have I ever mentioned my love for all things Target?) and a rolling chair for $20, also at Target. I also scoped out prices for a blender, a mixer and other miscellaneous kitchen items. I already have a George Foreman grill I bought months ago when it was more than half off and I couldn't resist, though it has wallowed under my bed since then. But in a week's time, that little puppy will join all his new kitchen appliance friends in my new townhouse. Wahoo!

It's definitely time to move out, and I always get excited right before a big change. Especially since I'm such a cooking/home decorating nerd. I have to say, most of my stuff, though cheap, is pretty dang cute. It doesn't all match, but hey, when you've been in college for much of the past 8 years, your things develop a random, shabby chic about them.

I figure, though, that now that I have more money and the disposition, I'm going to start buying nicer things. I have nice dishes already, but I never used them for fear that a roommate would break them. Now I'll only have one roommate, and dang it, I want to pamper myself by surrounding myself with nicer things than I have in the past.

I am excited, well, for everything but the moving all my junk part. Unpacking is generally pretty fun because you get to find new places to put everything. This is good. I feel good about the direction my life is headed.

3 comments:

  1. I love Target. I'm already planning (in my head) exactly what my dorm room will look like based on the stuff I see at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the Target thing. They do have good stuff. You will have such fun at your new townhouse. Sounds like a great adventure. And, that George Foreman grill will be a lifesaver when you start using it. Trust me on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I go shopping, I always have the urge to buy things like dishes and the like...but I stop myself because we really don't have anywhere to put it. LOL! I really should start thinking of buying that sort of stuff though, slowly, so when I do finally move out I won't have to worry about buying all those things. I'll already have them.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.