Thursday, July 26, 2007

A reading frenzy

I got home two days ago, but honestly, I haven't even turned on my home computer since then. I'm realizing how my life really does go in phases. Some weeks I'll spend hours blogging and playing online, and then there are weeks like the past few where I dive right into books and can't seem to tear myself away from them.

Seattle was fun, by the way. We didn't do much, but it was nice visiting my sister and getting away from work and home for a few days. We did, however, spend all of Friday night and most of Saturday reading a certain book that was recently released.

I've been reading a lot the past few weeks, maybe even a little too much. Looking in my book journal (which is an excellent way to keep track of books I read and want to read, as well as series I'm in the middle of reading but waiting for the next installment to come out) and realized that I've read 6 books since last Wednesday. That's nearly a book a day, and not all of them were thin, either. Some were hefty, like HP, though a couple were little more than a hundred pages each. I most certainly am a bibliophile.

What this tells me, though, is that I really need to get back on a schedule. I can spend all of my evenings reading and neglect everything else around me. Once again I need to learn balance in my life. Balance. Otherwise I'll end up...well, I'm not sure how I'll end up, but it's now how I want to live. Too much of anything will nearly always be bad for you, no matter how good the thing is in and of itself.

So what this means is that my little vacation from blogging is over, and I will once again get back to doing all the things I love, though only a little bit of it at a time.

P.S. In case you were wondering, the books I read this week were:

Spindle's End by Robin McKinley

The Wizard's Apprentice and The Wizard's Scepter, both by Jackie French Koller

Deerskin by Robin McKinley

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star by Brandon Mull

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I used to read books that quickly.

    Lately, I haven't been able to finish a book in any reasonable amount of time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.