Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Moving on

Some days, there just isn't anything I want to write about. Well, I've had a few weeks of those days. I spent much more time reading, probably a little too much, but I enjoyed it.

I did end up finding an apartment. I really do hope this is what I've been looking for. My new roommate and I already put a deposit down, though we have yet to sign the contract. I'd thought we had, but I found out that was just to allow them to do a background check. So I should move in around the second week of August. It's a two-story townhouse. Two bed, one bath. I'm really hoping my roommate doesn't care which room she gets, as she said earlier, because I'd really like the bigger one. Call me selfish, but I'd like to have room to breathe.

Either way, it'll be good to be moving on with my life. It's definitely time. The only thing I'm dreading now is packing up all my stuff and moving it. I have moving. After doing that shuffle every year during college, I'm just so tired of it. But I guess no one really likes it; it just has to be done.

I'm not going to move or pack or do anything, though, until I get back from my trip to Seattle. I'm leaving Friday night and will be back Tuesday, so you can expect not to hear from me until then.

P.S. When I planned the trip, I forgot it was Harry Potter weekend. I'd planned to attend a big party with friends, but now my sister says we can go to the party at her local Walmart. Not as exciting as what might be going on in Seattle, but she lives 2 hours away and doesn't want to drive that far late at night. All I care about is buying a copy and reading it before I get to work on Wednesday. There's no way I'll let anyone spoil the ending for me.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get the place, it sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had HP spoiled for me about 14 hours after it came out. I still haven't read the sixth book, so that kind of sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when people spoil the endings of books or movies. I've tried to be very good and keep quiet whenever anyone who hadn't finished HP was around.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.