Monday, April 30, 2007

Starting over

There aren't any good, single, attractive guys my age left.

I realized this today while going to a barbecue put on by my singles church group. I looked around and all of the guys there were at least 2 years younger than me, many even more. And I'm not even that old.

The problem is that, living in Utah, there's an expectation for people to marry young. Girls are often 18 and guys about 21 when they start heading down the isle. Now that I'm a little older (26 isn't too old by any standard -- except in Utah) it's hard to find anyone my age to talk with or flirt with or even check out.

I know there are single men my age out there, I just don't know where to look. My sister broached the online dating thing for me, but that has lead absolutely nowhere. Most of the guys I've seen there are either creepy or nerdy or an unpleasant combination of both. Not really what I'm looking for in a date or a spouse.

Only problem is that the guys I'm seeing are much too young for me, both in years and maturity. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a lose-lose situation.

I just need to get myself out there and figure out where all the single, good looking, professional guys are and start from there. If only it were that easy.

1 comment:

  1. It's never easy, Cordia! Just "keep a sharp eye peeled" as we say around here, and don't give away your heart without saving a little for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.