Saturday, April 28, 2007

Follower

I'm finally joining the real world. I've been waiting, now, for a few years. At first I mocked it, the people who were part of it just looked so funny. They always seemed so caught up in what they were doing that they took no notice of me. It seemed a little too exclusive for me.

But then a year ago I started to wonder. Why was it so appealing? Why did everyone want to be part of it? Then I realized the charm was too much to resist. I was going to become a follower.

Yes, my friends, I am buying my first iPod.

It may seem like I'm a late adapter to the newest technology, and that would have to be a resounding yes I am. Not from lack of desire, most of the time. More from lack of funds to buy all the pretty little toys available. I have to pick and choose where I'm going to invest all my hard-earned cash.

I fell in love with the special-edition red iPod. Not many other people have one, that I've seen, and I always love to be different. One reason I don't jump on bandwagons very quickly. It takes me awhile to get used to the idea of being like everyone else.

So, since it's time for my annual buy-myself-a-great-birthday-present-since-no-one-else-will, I'm going to march myself down to the Apple store right now and purchase a beautiful, shiny piece of metal that will be the answer to my music-laden dreams.

Update: After visiting the crazy busy Apple store, I decided the Nano was too small (sadly, the only kind the red comes in), so instead I ordered the video iPod online. Cheaper, yes, but a much longer wait for me. So, alas I will still be iPodless for another 2 weeks. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love my ipod, I got mine almost three years ago for my birthday and have been in love ever since. And yes, a Nano is too small, word is people even lose them because of it.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had an ipod...but I like the quiet, so it's not a problem. Birthday? I hope it's happy.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.