Thursday, April 5, 2007

Good news

I cannot even express how excited I am! I just got a job interview with a book publishing firm that's located in my hometown. I've been searching for months for a position similar to this. It really is my dream job.

Previously I'd worked as an intern for a book publisher, and I really enjoyed the work. I've been hoping to run across a similar job since I graduated 2 years ago, but they are very scarce, and coveted, in Utah. I really want this job, and I hope my passion for the work comes across as I interview. Every time I think about the possibility of having this job, I get so excited.

Yesterday I had to take a walk after I sent in my resume because I had so much energy to burn. I might have to do the same today. In my head I keep praying, "Please let me get this job. Please, oh, please let me get this job."

This really would be what I've been hoping and praying for, something to get me back on my feet after so much stress and disappointment this past year. I need for something good to happen in my life, to make me feel like everything will be okay, that it will all work out for the best. This is good. Really good.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the interview! I'm sure you'll do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going through from newest to older, and know the outcome. But, your writing is so good, I still felt the excitement with you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.