Friday, February 23, 2007

Paris in springtime

I decided that, barring unforeseen circumstances, like marriage, around this time next year I'll be in Paris.

The decision comes on an impulse, yes, but more by an alignment of the planets or other kind of kismet. While I was knitting earlier today, I sat pondering how much I would love to take a trip to France with my future daughter(s), with just the girls. A call from my sister interrupted these daydreams, but while talking to her, she mentioned how I should go on a trip to Paris.

I couldn't believe my ears, considering my previous train of thought. I've always wanted to visit Paris, especially since I speak French and spent a year and a half living in Montreal, but I've never been able to make the trip before.

Somehow it just seems like it's meant to be. There's nothing to keep me from traveling the world, well, nothing will keep me once I get a good-paying job with benefits like vacation time, which I hope to find somewhere in the near future.

So if I start planning now, I should be able to save up enough to spend several weeks there, and maybe even hop on over to London, which is one of my favorite cities in the world. I spent two months there studying during college and have never forgotten the experience.

I think that this is really what I need now, especially to keep my thoughts off a certain dumb guy. It will give me something to hope for and to work toward. I'm so excited! Though it seems rather foolish of me to get so worked up about something still a year off, it's something I can finally look forward to again, which is exactly what I need to lift my spirits once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.