Thursday, February 8, 2007

Knit your way to contentment



I went to my knitting class Tuesday evening and I must say that I really enjoyed it. There is something to what people say about it being relaxing. It also helps me feel productive while watching TV or taking care of my niece, though she did run off with my ball of yarn and unwind it all over the house. I do have another class Monday where I'll learn the rest of the basics and then I'll be off and running. I'm doing pretty good for a beginner, as you can see by my lovely photo. Not bad, not bad at all. My first project, though, is to knit a scarf for my niece because, let's face it, if I screw it up terribly she won't notice or care.

My plan to keep myself preoccupied is working, though not perfectly. My mind still wanders to that dumb boy and I have to remind myself that whatever happens happens. I can't begrudge the past and I shouldn't spend my future dreaming my life away on fruitless pursuits. Better to live in the present and enjoy it for all it's worth.

On other fronts, still no word on the job interview I went to. I think I'll have to call soon and get the process moving forward. Maybe then I won't feel stagnant on all fronts.

I also let one of my friends look at the half-finished manuscript of my book-in-progress. Last time I spoke with her, she'd only read 15 pages but loved it. I'm sure she's just being nice, but it's good to hear all the same. It has, however, given me impetus to start working on it again, which is something I hadn't done for several months. The winter really tends to get me down, but now that I'm feeling better, I'm starting to write again.

I can feel the winds of change coming. They may be a little slow for my taste, but at least they are coming. It gives me something to look forward to every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.