Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow

So maybe I jumped the gun a little bit about spring coming. It snowed again yesterday and today. Grrr... But what can I do? I'll just have to wait it out, like usual.

I am continuing with my preparation for spring, however, with an appointment I have tomorrow. I decided to chop off my hair, like I do every spring. Usually I grow my hair out in the fall and winter so I'll have an extra layer of warmth on my neck, and I generally tell myself that this year I'll grow it out even longer, well into summer.

Never lasts. By the time spring rolls around, or in most cases the first hint that spring could be coming, I'm ready to chop it all off and start over new. I also look much older and more professional with it shorter, though I have to say, I want my hair longer for a very vain reason: Guys always say they like longer hair on a girl. Though many of them find girls with short hair cute, longer hair has been proven in numerous studies to be the preference of most males. I admit that I would like a guy to look at my long, luscious hair (and yes, I have had people describe it that way) and think, wow, I'd really like to run my fingers through that. Or at least one guy. But that's another story for another day.

Other than that, my life continues as usual. I have found a new passion in life: knitting. I have to say I love it, though I'm not really sure why I like it quite so much. I am making very cute things for myself and for my friends, which is always a bonus. A hobby that is also productive, who'd have thought?

And no, I won't bore you with yet another treatise on how great knitting is. I'm really tired after the crazy week we had at work, though I will add in closing that it wears me out editing all those stories about the poor victims from Monday's shootings in Salt Lake. My heart goes out to them with each word I read and I almost start crying while sitting at my desk. It truly is tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.