Saturday, March 29, 2008

Goals, part 3

Okay, so I got a little off my goals. Not completely, mind you, but I need to get everything back on track. The easiest way for me to do that is blog about it because then other people know and I can't pretend I don't have goals that way.

The biggest one I noticed today was my little problem with spending too much money. I love to shop, I really do, but instead of window shopping lately I've been buying things. I have a wonderful excuse for everything I've purchased, but no more.

I have to be good, and that means borrowing books and movies from the library instead of buying them. I don't need any more makeup or hair products, either since I have more than enough. Replacing something is allowed, but only if it is essential. Bringing lunch to work instead of eating out or buying something frozen will also keep my budget trimmed.

So the moral of all this is that I need to stop giving in so much and be more disciplined. Which leads to my next goal. I'm actually doing fairly good about eating better, but I need to continue with that. I also planned to work out six days a week. More often than not that translates into three or four days. I need to be a little more diligent, but if my dance audition last night is any indication of how hard I'll be working on the musical, I should be in good shape.

The last big goal of mine was to finish writing the first draft of my book by the end of March. Yeah, that didn't happen. So my new goal is a continuation of the previous one—finish the first draft by the end of April. I'm a lot closer now than I was at the beginning of March since I did have a couple good weeks where I was writing every day. Then I got sick and slacked off, though I can't remember in which order.

All of this, my friends, comes down to the same thing: discipline. I need it. A lot of it.

1 comment:

  1. Getting down all your goals in front of you is half the battle...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.