Thursday, November 15, 2007

Just say no

I'm so bad. I keep spending money when I know I shouldn't. This weekend it was books, and then later I bought a whole bunch of lotions and face wash and things. Then today I had to buy another pair of really cute (and comfy) pajama pants. That was followed by a whole bunch of crafting stuff so I can make my apartment cute for winter.

My problem is that I have no self-control. I really don't. When I want something, I usually just go buy it. If it's a bigger, more expensive item, I'm generally pretty good about figuring out how much it'll cost me and then figuring out how to pay for it. But as in the case with my car, I spent money when I didn't need to, or at least spent more than I should have.

Often I can hold off on spending money, but if you get me into a store and in a spending mood, I can justify just about anything. I'm a bargain shopper, so I almost always get a really good deal on what I buy, but I need to keep myself away from the stores. That might not work so well with Christmas coming up, but I need to keep myself in check.

I'm the same with my eating habits. I'll be good for awhile and eat healthy, but then I see those sweets just sitting there at work asking me to eat them. How can I say no? That is exactly my point, though. I need to stop justifying everything and learn to say no when I know it's in my best interest. Especially with all the holiday treats that will soon start appearing everywhere I turn.

I need to make a goal to spend less money and eat less junk and more healthful foods. I can do this, I swear I can, but it's going to take some will power. I just hope I can remember where I put that.

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to money, I'm the same way. I just keep buying and buying (usually a day or two after I get my paycheck).

    I really need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and comfy pajammie pants are hard to pass up. I feel your pain. I should work on it too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.