Sunday, November 11, 2007

It is good

Last night over dinner I had a realization--an epiphany if you will-- though it may seem obvious to everyone else. Life isn't perfect, but it is good. My life, in particular. I make mistakes, I can be unhappy, but overall it is good.

I appreciate the time I have on this earth--to learn, to live, to love. It comes with its own set of challenges, to be sure, but that doesn't mean it still can't be good.

I don't have to be famous, rich, perfect. It is enough that I can be happy with what I have and lead a full life. I have a family; I have friends; I have everything I need, really, so it is enough. I'm happy with what I have and what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.