Sunday, January 14, 2007

Spice up your life

I wonder how long my life is going to stay stuck in neutral. I'm not dating anyone. I go to work every day. I am looking for a new job, but that isn't really going anywhere. Not much has changed in my life, including my friends or my weekend plans.

I want something different in my life.

Well, I can make some fun plans, like the Sundance Film Festival, for instance. I've always wanted to go and though it's only an hour drive away, I've never made the trip up to Park City during festival time. This year I'll make sure to go. Last year, unfortunately, the day I'd planned to spend up there a snowstorm hit and I didn't dare try the canyon roads, which can be near impassible during the snow.

Well, what else can I do to spice up my life?

I did sign up to take a class to learn how to knit. I know it sounds bizarre for someone only 25 years old to knit, but I'd love to make my own beautiful scarves and ponchos and hats. And I've heard it's an excellent way to relax. It also complements a new skill I recently learned: spinning. Yes, I learned how to use a spinning wheel and to card and comb and dye wool. Though it sounds like a strange hobby, it's actually quite fun once you get the hang of it.

Which leads me to another thing I can do: working on my book. I actually learned to spin as research for a work of fiction that I still haven't managed to finish. After 2 1/2 years I'm still working on it, though I have gotten much closer to my goal. I'm currently 150 pages in, though it will probably take me another 150 before I'll be close to finishing.

Well, those are a few things I can focus on, but I still feel like my life isn't going anywhere. I'm afraid that right now I'm in a 'wait and see' period where nothing grand will happen but where I just need to keep plodding on. I guess I'll make it there eventually. Hopefully the boredom won't kill me before I'm done though. Who knows.

Wow, looking over my plans to spice up my life I realized just how boring it is at the moment. Boy, I'm really pathetic. Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.