Sunday, April 6, 2008

Seeing someone? Ha, that's funny

You know, sometimes I think it might be nice if I actually went out on dates fairly frequently, or as one friend put it, more than the once a year quota. Not to say that I'm desperate for a boyfriend/husband, but it could be a nice change from my constant singles status.

Now I know I'm not ugly—not by a long shot. But neither am I absolutely gorgeous. That doesn't mean there aren't guys out there who aren't or wouldn't be interested in me. They just never ask me out!

I don't know what the problem is. Well, I do know of one problem. Most of the guys in this state are more interested in hanging out with girls than actually asking them out on dates. It's rather frustrating when perfectly nice guys will talk to you every time they see you but never once take the chance of going out on a date. Even if nothing happens, you'll never know until you try.

Oh, well. I'm not worried about ending up a bitter, lonely old maid. I already am one. (Just kidding!) In all honesty, I know whatever will happen will happen, and definitely not when I want it to. I just think it would be nice to have fun going out on dates, oh say, on a bi-annual basis.

2 comments:

  1. My Mom always got upset with me because I was the one calling the boys for dates. They are too stinkin' lazy I tell ya! (By the way, Hi Michelle!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.