Monday, April 14, 2008

Busy, busy

I've been busy this past week, which is why I've neglected my little bloggie. I had an idea a while ago to write (sort of) a book journal. I presented the idea to my company, but since we don't publish journals, they passed on the idea. They did, however, tell me to pursue it with another publisher who might be interested in the idea. 

So that's what I've been doing this week, sending out book proposals to different companies. More than likely I'll end up with a slew of rejection letters, but if someone is interested, that'll be great for me.

In other news . . . well, there really is no other news. Except, my sister is moving back here in a few weeks, so that'll be good. Our whole family will all be together—at the same time—for the first time in years. 

Plus I get to go camping in 2 weeks, which I am very excited about. My camping buddy and I are getting things ready to go, and I bought a cooler today. Slowly my arsenal of camping gear is growing. 

Between the two of us, though, we've got everything we need. It's usually pretty funny when we start on a trip: "Shoot! I forgot plates." "Oh, I've got those, but I forgot to bring garbage bags." "No worries, I've got plenty." And so it goes until we figure that we've got everything we need. 

My next big camping purchase, though, is going to be a tent. I think I'll save up to get a good one, and at least a 5-man tent, because we all know they accommodate 1 less person than they say they do. That way I can invite 3 friends along and we'll all be comfy.

I'm also trying to plan more trips this summer because we all know there's only so much sunshine and perfect weather each year and I have to enjoy it as much as is humanly possible.

I guess I did have more news. Oh well, I lied.

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo, camping! I told my husband that I really want to go fishing this year. It just sounds fun to get out of the house and enjoy some nice weather...all while sticking icky worms on a hook! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged for Oh the Memories. Check out my blog to see what you need to do!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.