Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Timing

So, it seems another book project has come to steal the place of another. Jessamine did that a few months ago, but she was written in three weeks, so it wasn't too much of an imposition. This time, it's a new book I'm calling Indomitable. I've already gotten 4,000+ words done in two days, which I think is rather good.

The thing is, writing is really about timing. It has to be the right time to write a certain book. I think a lot of cases of writer's block come because a project needs to sit a bit longer and percolate in your brain just a little while longer.

Yes, there are times to force yourself to write a book and just get the blasted thing done. But then there are those times where, if you haven't written a thing in weeks, maybe it's time to work on something else that sparks your interest. Writing isn't really about forcing the words to come. More, it's about accepting them when they're ready.

So Fractured will have to sit for a time until she's ready to speak to me more. In the meantime, I'm hoping to whip out another story a la Jessamine. I do have to say, writing fantasy teen romance books is just a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.