Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chapter next

For the past few days I've been packing everything I own into boxes, taping them, and labeling the contents of my life with a black sharpie. And it makes me feel as the life I've known until now is about to change.

This chapter of my life is closing, but I wonder, how will the next continue the story? Will it be a continuation of the same: work, writing, rinse, repeat. Or will the next chapter introduce a mysterious stranger into my life? How about a message in a bottle (or from an owl). I could do with an inheritance or the arrival of a love interest.

It reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Stranger than Fiction. Is my story a comedy or a tragedy? Romance or chic lit? Literary or genre? (And yes, I'm glad I'm not a golem.)

I'm not sure. I haven't reached my denouement, so it really could be anything. But while this chapter ends, with it comes both sorrow and excitement. I will miss those who've touched my life to this point but welcome new aspects to my life that I have, as yet, not known.

This is far from the end of the story, but I at least hope this next chapter adds excitement and intrigue. I could use some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.