Thursday, May 14, 2009

Get ’er done

Epiphany: Last night I realized that I'm spinning my wheels a bit trying to write the sequel when I should be polishing up the first book so I can start querying.

What this means: It's back to the grind for me, spending every free moment I have working on revising and rewriting my book. If I push myself a bit, I can get the first revision done in a few weeks, and then spend time fine-tuning from there. After revising the first four chapter last night, I realized that what I've got is pretty good, in that I need to fill in places, but it won't take as long as I'd imagined earlier.

That said, you can expect me to return to my cave for the next few months, emerging for social interaction on occasion but more or less working steadfastly on achieving my dream.

Wish me luck! Or, maybe it would be better if you wished me stamina instead.

1 comment:

  1. Stamina!

    I love your writing place....Ah....my dream. I have to find a way to get our computer out of our playroom! :D
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.