Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dear Diary,

I know it's been a while since I've written. Really, I'm sorry. It's just, well, I've been busy. Life, work. It all seems to get in the way, somehow. I promise I'll be better, but for now, I'll just update you on what's going on with my life right now.

Work is good. After stressing the past few months (layoffs, the economy, general worry that I'm screwing everything up), my boss sat me down and told me to not worry while I'm at work. Then she took a few of my responsibilities off my plate. Things since then have felt nicer at work, though I'm still kicking myself for not being perfect yet. But with only two years into my chosen career, I'm not an expert. Maybe after three . . .

In other news, I did finish writing the first book I've ever written. Huge accomplishment, considering it took four years of my life to do so. Then after editing, I started submitting to agents. While several have nibbled, none have really taken the hook yet. Time will tell with that one.

Then this past month I went on to write another book, decided the story is longer than just one book can handle, and have since turned it into a trilogy. That means I've got a lot more writing to do. A lot. But I can handle it. It's something I really enjoy, and besides, I've got to give my heroine her happy ending or I just won't feel satisfied.

On the dating front, well, there is no front. There are no back or sides, either. Some may call it a drought. I prefer to think of it as the Mojave. While every once in a while a poor man wanders into the desert, he quickly finds a way out and is rescued by some other woman. Ouch.

Otherwise, life is good. I've got my vegetable garden all ready to plant in a few weeks. Flowers are springing up everywhere. Roommates are nice, though two will be moving out in a few months. (If you hear of anyone looking for a place to live, Diary, send them my way.) My writing is going really well. My family members are getting along, for the most part. Life isn't perfect, but, hey, when is it ever?

That's all the news I've got at the moment. I promise I'll be dropping by more often to visit. I'm sure it gets lonely on that shelf. Oh, and I will dust soon. I noticed you were a little dirty when I pulled you down. I'll get right on that . . . when I clean the rest of my room. Tomorrow. Or maybe Saturday. Sometime soon.

For now, I think I'm going to take a little Sunday nap. Oh, how I love those. Make the rest of the week so much sweeter. Take care, and I'll write again soon.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.