Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We're all sick

This has been a very long few weeks. First I get sick, then get better, only to be sick again. And then when I think it's all passed, I get sick. Again. I'm pretty sure it was the flu, in all its wonders, even though I got the flu shot, and even though I got sick from said shot a few weeks after. They guessed wrong on the flu this year, and I get to suffer for it. Let's just say it hasn't been a pleasant time, and I'm not sure if I'll ever get a flu shot again. I'm jaded by experience, what can I say.

In other news, my computer is sick as well. It seems that the connection between the screen and the computer (which is built into the monitor) is bad. So I'm having them send me a new refurbished computer because if this thing is already having problems, I don't want to think of what is to come.

That said, I probably won't be around much this week seeing as I won't have a computer. I'm just praying it will get resolved quickly, but if my hour-long conversation with several people at Apple trying to get them to send me a new computer is any gauge, I could be in for problems. Grrr . . .

P.S. I'm looking for suggestions on reading, but not just any book. At the moment I'm in the mood for a light, nice, romantic tale, preferably set in the present day in the U.S. or European country. Specific, I know, but I'm in one of those moods where nothing else seems to hit the spot. A few books I've read recently that fit the bill are Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allan, Stardust by Neil Gaimon, and I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith, to name a few. (These are all excellent books if you haven't read them, by the way.)

Please ease my suffering and give me suggestions. Something along these lines or a book that is utterly fantastic that I just have to read. I will be in your debt. (Sorry, it's late and I'm getting dramatic. It happens.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.