Thursday, February 21, 2008

Six Confessions

Well, I've been tagged by my good friend Melissa. The assignment is to write six things about myself. That's nice and all, but I'm thinking I should spice it up a bit with six confessions. They aren't lurid by any means, but things most people won't know about me, nor probably care to know. Anyway, here goes.

1) Although I strongly deny any interest in celeb activities, I'm a closet fame-seeker. I've always been a news hound, and in public I've claimed to learn things of prurient interest for the sake of following current events. Really, I just like to know details about the people I secretly hope to know someday. Sad, oh so very sad.

2) In addition to my hidden fascination with celebrities, I try to keep quiet how much of a fantasy nerd I really am. Some of it recently poked its head out during Halloween when I dressed up in a medieval costume. If I could land myself in a fantasy book a la Inkspell, I'd be in heaven. Give me fantasy books, movies, daydreams, or whatever it is, and I eat it up. Though I doubt you'll get me to admit to my passion for all things mythical or magical, at least not out loud.

3) Speaking of magic, I would live in Harry Potter's world without a second thought. I've always wanted to perform magic, and deep down I wish it were real. I'm not talking about the purported witches in the world, but full-blown fantasy magic—wands, spells, and all. Life would be so much more interesting, and I'm pretty sure I'd be really good at it. Better, even, than Hermione.

4) One thing that I can do magically is make cookie dough disappear. Yes, this is another sad, sad confession. I will eat a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough, or even a bowl of brownie batter, in one sitting. (Which may account for my recent weight gain. Well, that and my desire for complete inactivity.)

5) And by inactive I mean that one of my life's dearest ambitions is to have a job where I can sleep in every day until my body is good and ready to get up. That's not always past noon, but so what if it is? I could stay up late and sleep when I want, and work when I feel the desire, or read, or watch movies. Ahh, wouldn't that be the life . . .

6) Of a writer, which is my other big dream. I want to be a world-famous author with time enough on my hands to write full time. Sales of my books would be large enough to support my rather opulent tastes, and all I'd have to do is wake up and go to work in my pajamas if I want. Oh, how sweet it all would be. Now if only I could finish that first novel. Sad how little things like writer's block get in the way of my ambitions.

Now, I know these revelations aren't terribly shocking, but they are also things I don't tell everyone. So, remember, this is all between us. No shouting my gluttonous behavior from the rooftops—or from the blogtops, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.