Saturday, February 16, 2008

I could be a Beauty

In an effort to put some excitement into my life, I've decided to audition for the musical my city puts on every summer. I couldn't have been more excited when I heard what musical they were doing: Beauty and the Beast.

Now, I may be an unknown, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't choose me, so I'd like to elaborate on all the reasons why I should be Belle (ahem, pay attention if you're on the casting committee):

1. Belle is my favorite Disney heroine because she has a mind of her own.

2. I have brownish hair, which I am also willing to grow out and dye.

3. I already have most of the songs and scenes memorized.

4. I'm not ugly (though there are probably other much prettier girls aiming for this part).

5. Reading is my passion, and I most assuredly "have [my] nose stuck in a book."

6. My singing voice compares very well with Belle's, and I'm definitely in the same vocal range.

7. I've got attitude (to spare, some might say).

8. I dream of adventure.

9. Just because I should.

Now, though these are great reasons, I do have to contend with the fact that I haven't auditioned for anything since high school, which was, oh, about 10 years ago. I still sing frequently, but my acting skills are a touch rusty, you might say.

Even if I don't get the lead, though, it might be fun dressing up like a fork or a chair and dancing around without injuring myself or others. Plus it'll be something to keep myself busy—very busy, I should say—for three months during the spring/early summer.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. i'm rootin' for you! they'd be crazy not to cast you. did auditions already happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet. They are at the end of March, but I'm still debating over which song I should sing. I'm thinking "I Could Have Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady, but who knows what I'll end up doing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.