Thursday, February 14, 2008

News, news

Ah, Valentine's Day. It's the one holiday I've never really celebrated, i.e. I've never had a valentine before. Sad, I know, but that's life. 

However, I did have a pleasant day. We had a little potluck buffet at work, and boy, did I eat way too much. It all tasted wonderful, so I'm not terribly upset. Honestly, Valentine's isn't Valentine's without conversation hearts and sugar cookies overburdened by frosting. Mmmm . . . 

I will say that I am trying to be much better with my eating habits. I've also started going to the gym, oh, just about every day. Well, five days a week, but who's counting. I am, actually. I'd rather the number were six, but I don't think my body can take it at the moment. I haven't, well really, ever, exercised this frequently in my life (so very sad, I know). Here's to hoping it sticks, or rather, that I stick with it.

Eating healthier is also a priority, but today is an exception rather than the rule. I'm allowing myself a free day a week so I don't go crazy with being good. (And that only applies to food.) So today was definitely my day for being bad, but oh, it felt so good.

In other news. . . I honestly can't remember the last time I posted, so forgive me if I repeat myself, but I've had a lot of fun and exciting things happen this year. Back in January a friend and I went up to Park City for Sundance again, and this year we actually saw a movie. But not just any showing. We went to the world premiere of Diminished Capacity, Matthew Broderick and Alan Alda's new movie. (I saw that to make myself feel special. Like I'll ever go to a movie premiere again in my life.) It was really fun, though, because all the stars were there, as well as Sarah Jessica Parker, who I kept getting confused with someone else. Don't ask me how. I took pics, but everyone turned out the size of pin pricks, so I can't imagine you'd want to see those. In all, it was plenty fun but very much on the cold side.

And my latest and greatest news? I got a Mac! An iMac, to be specific, and I'm completely loving it. It's refurbished, so it's not the newest model, but I love it all the same. I just finished watching a movie on it, and the quality is incredible. I'm so used to watching films on my old computer, which didn't even come close, dinosaur that it was. (No, I don't have a t.v., and I can't say I miss much since I watch flicks on my computer.)

It is also blessedly fast and easy to use. Honestly, I don't know how PC users do it anymore, not with Macs available. Convert, I tell you! You'll be glad you did.

So that's about it from me. I'm hoping now that I have a wonderful, fast, beautiful computer that I'll be back to blogging much more frequently. I hate shutting it off every night, it's so perfect. Sad that I've fallen in love with a computer, but with no man in my life, I've got to fill it with something, right? At least my Mac will do everything I tell it to and won't talk back. I wonder if Apple makes men? I'd get me one of those.

1 comment:

  1. I got me a mac too, or to put it more correctly, hubby got me a macbook, and I loooove it:)

    Will get a Mac air soon I think!

    Once a Mac lover always a mac lover, and a mac is better than a man any day!(Just no one tell my hubby I said that)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.