Friday, October 26, 2007

Shoot me now

Alright, let's try that again. Stupid computer isn't cooperating tonight, so we'll see if I can get through an entire post without it messing up again.

So I'm not looking forward to my blind date tonight. But there is hope--we're supposed to go out at 7 o'clock and he hasn't called yet to get my address or anything. It's 6:20 right now, so I'm really hopeful that he either forgot or can't do it.

I know I'm mean to say things like that, but I really don't want to spend a whole evening with him. I haven't met him yet, but every time I've spoken to him on the phone I get so bored. He's repeatedly told me that his favorite hobbies are bowling and miniature golf. He also enjoys reading books about his work as an engineer, rather technical stuff. Nothing in common with me, so far as I can tell.

Maybe I'm just too nice about it, at least when talking to people. I should have just said no when he asked me out, but my dad is the one who gave him my number, and I didn't even want to get into that. Needless to say, this will be a one-time-only event.

The blind date tomorrow morning is a different story. I've spoken to him several times as well, and we seem to have a lot in common in addition to him being interesting to talk to. We'll see how it goes.

Dang it. I just got off the phone with Bachelor #1, and he'll be here in half an hour so we can go bowling. I don't mind bowling, per se, but when I've been on four or five dates where that's been the sole entertainment, it gets old quickly.

I need to have a better attitude. It'll be okay. I think I'll survive. But be sure that if there are interesting details (especially bizarre, random things that always seem to happen on my dates) you will all be the first to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.