Sunday, August 5, 2007

Scenic route

This has been an eventful week and promised to continue the same. I got back from my camping trip to the Grand Tetons yesterday evening and was completely exhausted. That probably stems from the fact that we didn't arrive at camp until 3:30 in the morning due to us going in one large circle once we reached Wyoming.

It was rather funny, especially when we met up with another car we were traveling with that had gone a different route but ended up lost at the same gas station at around midnight. The drive up and back went by much quicker, however, once we bought HP 7 on CD. I must say that Jim Dale, who reads the book, does an excellent job. I was gripped by the way he read the story and the voices he used for each character.

So instead of sleeping, I stayed up late listening to the book. The next morning my body woke me up at 7 and wouldn't let me get back to sleep. Sadly, my body's natural clock is now set for 7 a.m. whether I like it or not. Probably better for me, but I do enjoy sleeping in every now and again.

We played games and went swimming in Jackson Lake and went up to Yellowstone and basically had a good time. No complaints, though I did go off on a walk by myself in the woods when I ran into a coyote. Considering that I was all alone and far from my camp or any other people, it made me nervous when the coyote started following me. At that point I figured my walk was over, though I would have liked to have gone farther, and headed back slowly at first and then running. He probably wouldn't have attacked me, but I didn't want to find out so I got out of there pretty quick.

All in all it was a nice trip and a great time to say goodbye to some of those people since I'm moving and won't see some of them much anymore.


Now I get to look forward to moving all my stuff, starting tomorrow. I've already got some of it boxed up, but the big things, like my bed and dressers, we'll be moving on Tuesday. Ugh, it makes me sore just thinking about all that work.
P.S. So if I don't post much over the next week, you'll know that I'm busy getting myself moved. I will return eventually. I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Wild animals like that also make me nervous and I probably would have done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go camping in the Tetons, it must have been so wonderful!

    coleman campingequipment

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.