Saturday, August 11, 2007

Almost done

Well, I'm pretty much moved. The last load is sitting in my car waiting for me to drive it all back to my apartment and unload. Which would be why I'm procrastinating; I'm just so tired of all the trips back and forth, up and down. It has definitely been a workout.

When I was over a few days ago, my dad and stepmom mentioned that they might be getting a foreign exchange student in the next week or so. I thought they were moving quickly to fill my room up the moment I left, but I guess the girl from Vietnam had planned to stay with another family, and a week before she was supposed to come they canceled on her. So it might be interesting to visit in the coming months to see how they'll live with a stranger in the house. Maybe it'll help them curb their tempers and not fight in front of her. Or it could cause more friction. Who knows.

I have realized the past few days that this really is a good decision and the right time to move out. My stepmom continues to be cold and selfish, 2 of the main reasons I couldn't stand living there anymore. She watched me struggle moving all my stuff one day and never even offered to help. All she did was complain when a door was left open because the air conditioner was on. Then today she got upset when I said I planned to leave some formals in the closet because I didn't have anywhere else to put them. She got upset because she wants to use my room as her own now and wants all of my stuff gone, even though she already has closet full of her things in the master bedroom. I can't wait until I don't have to come over here anymore, except for special occasions and maybe Sunday dinner once in a while.

P.S. I've yet to set up my computer or the Internet at my new place, so my blogging will still be sporadic.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that things continue to go this way at your dad's, but I'm happy for you that you're removing yourself from the situation. Unfortunately, I understand this a bit too well.

    Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An old friend of mine got kicked out of his mom's house...and right after they took in a foster kid. They are crap parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the rest of the moving process, and setting up the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting a space of your own. I hope you'll love it!

    I linked back to you in my Thursday 13 this week. Check it out when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.