Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm not dead, I promise

Um, yeah, it's been a while since I've posted. It's also been a while since I've had stable Internet access. (Work not included. I'd love to blog at work but a) I don't think that's part of my job description and b) I'm usually too busy to even think about it.)

I finally got my computer set up at the new place, which means now I can watch movies. Wahoo! No, we don't own a TV, and I don't care enough to go out and buy one. Which basically means I'm cheap and am waiting for my roommate to break down and buy one first. We don't have a microwave, either, but I think next paycheck coming around will go toward one. That is one thing you don't realize how much you'll miss until you don't have it.

As for the Internet thingie, I'm at the library, praying some curious passerby doesn't take to reading over my shoulder, though I can't imagine what would be terribly interesting about what I have to write. There never really is, actually. Anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis must be very bored indeed. But anyway, I'm shopping around right now, but any decent Internet service will cost me more than I want to pay, and my new roomie doesn't sound terribly enthusiastic about splitting the tab. She will find, however, that there is no Internet available unless she's willing to cough up some money to support my blogging addiction. (By the way, you have no idea how terrible blogging withdrawals can be. Simply horrible. Which is probably why this is all gibberish and not making the least amount of sense to anyone with an IQ above 20.)

So there you have it. I'm cheap and working hard to get my regular blogging fix. Things may continue sporadically for a while, but I promise, I will be back.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'd be able to survive without an internet connection. That's why this week has been so bad. Everywhere we go, you never know where the internet will work and where it won't. And not all hotels that advertise free Wi-fi actually have free Wi-fi!

    Sorry for that little rant. It's frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.