Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Finished (sort of)

Well, I finished the first draft of Jessamine in three and a half weeks. Woo. I had planned a big blog post about how I'd done it, yada yada yada. But I'm so tired after being sick this week, it's all I can do to write. I ended at 48,000 words, which is just under what I was aiming for. But with the revisions, I'll be filling out a lot of places that I skimmed over while writing the first draft. It should be a decent length for a YA novel, though.

So now it's onto the sequel, which I'm calling Lady Jasmine for want of a better name. It'll work for now. I'm about 4,000 words in, and I want to keep writing. That's always a good thing, in my book. That means I'll be signing off here and get back to writing. Let's see if I can get this one onto the computer screen in even less time. (I did take about a week off as a break, so no breaks equals more productivity.)

Here we go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.