Friday, June 29, 2007

And hilarity ensues

I had a hilarious night, well, pretty much the whole day, with the girls from work. They are all so much fun. I don't know how I lucked out by getting such great people to work with that they're also my friends.

A funny thing that happened at work today involves our summer intern. She is such a random person, but I like to think of her as our comic relief. Well, anyway, I saw her sitting in her chair this afternoon with several orange streaks running down her face. I didn't know what to think, so I asked her, "Are you sick? No, because your face looks a little odd." Everyone else had to take a look to see what was going on, and the laughter started up immediately. I convinced her to go look in a mirror, and then she started laughing too. I was almost crying by that point, I was laughing so hard.

She couldn't think of how they got there. I had originally thought she and another girl had gotten in a marker fight or something, but that wasn't the case. After thinking about it for a few minutes, she realized that she had leaned up against the sliding door of my new cloffice and somehow there was orange there that rubbed off all over her face. She washed it off, sadly before I thought to take a picture, but honestly, it was Friday and I found it so hard to concentrate on work after that.

This evening, the hilarity continued as I was describing my date for tomorrow. Since his picture and profile are online, we obviously had to go find it so everyone could see the bird man. Then we started looking at other profiles on there and *cough* discussing them. Pretty much we were mocking most of them, but it was so easy to mock. One of our favorites said, "If you're looking for adventure, you'd better search somewhere else." Another classic was the man who proudly touted the fact that he could kill at playing the Kevin Bacon name game. Sadly, we'd been discussing that exact thing earlier during our pie break at work. We couldn't stop laughing.

And the outcome of all this? Several of the girls are now planning to crash my date tomorrow. I just pray I don't see them, because I don't know if I could control my laughter. They promise to stay out of the way, but who knows what will happen. Well, as long as I get a good story out of it.
And, by the way, Miss Potter is an excellent movie that I highly recommend. It was interesting to watch it with a bunch of book editors and hear our comments on the movie pertaining to authors and printing. All in all, it was a good night.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about the date with the bird man. I'm sure it'll be interesting with or without your friends crashing it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please keep in mind that disagreeing with kindness is much more productive than with rudeness. Besides, I like nice people.